Florida Marriage License by Mail
I am pleased to be able to offer this special service of a Florida marriage license by mail. For couples wanting to be married on a weekend but not arriving in enough time to obtain a Florida marriage license by mail OR couples just wanting the convenience of not having to travel to the Clerk of Courts Office….this is for you. I will provide information to you so that this can be done with the least amount of effort. Please call me at 1-239-823-3497 for details.
Update for marriage licenses
Here is the new process as of December 2020 to obtain a marriage license from Lee County…
- Go to Lee County Clerk of Court, FL
- Click on marriage license box
- Open and read about the process. Follow instructions
- Fill out the application online
- Send to clerk
- A kiosk #_____ will be sent automatically
- ON LINE APPLICATION ONLY VALID FOR 30 DAYS. CAN APPLY 30 DAYS BEFORE WEDDING
- When ready, call the clerk (239-533-5007) for an appointment based on your arrival to this area
- Ask for a date and time to meet clerk in person
- Drivers license or passport will be required for identification
- Fee is 86.00 and payable at that time
- Marriage license will be generated by clerk and handed over to the couple
- If you are a Florida resident, there is a 3 day waiting period. No waiting period for out of state or out of country couples.
- Hand over the marriage license to officiant on day of your wedding
- After the ceremony, the officiant will sign/stamp seal and mail back to courthouse
- You will receive a certified copy directly from the clerk’s office within 2 weeks
The marriage license is valid for 60 days. I recommend that you start the process about 2-3 weeks before your wedding.
Call Patricia if you have any questions.
Florida Marriage License Information
If you apply in person:
Marriage licenses can be issued from any county in the State of Florida. The requirements vary. You can obtain a marriage license Monday through Friday, excluding U.S. legal holidays at the Lee County Administration Building, 2115 Second Street, downtown Fort Myers. Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, best to apply early in day to avoid traffic. Licenses are available to both Florida residents and non-residents. Your application process takes 15-20 minutes. http://www.leeclerk.org/
When to apply:
Marriage licenses are issued immediately upon application and valid for 60 days from date of issue.
You must both appear together and must be 18 years old or over. You will then provide identification such as valid drivers license or passport showing picture and signature is required. For second marriage, date previous marriage ended is required. If legal name differs from name on drivers license then birth certificate is needed.
A blood test is not required in the State of Florida.
You will have no waiting period for couples from out of state or out of the country. There is a three day waiting period or four hours of premarital counseling required for Florida residents.
Marriage license is $86.
Lee County Information:
Lee County Administration Building, 2115 Second Street, downtown Fort Myers. Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, best to apply early in day to avoid traffic. Licenses are available to both Florida residents and non-residents. Process takes 15-20 minutes. http://www.leeclerk.org/